Is Zoom Safe? What to Know?
With the current social distancing environment, “do you want to zoom?” has become a norm. Zoom is great for business calls, school lectures, virtual teams, and even friends who want to have a virtual game night!
What is Good About Zoom?
Zoom how made it for everyone to stay in touch for free. There are costly conference call apps, but zoom has changed the game. Zoom offers free services that allow callers to get started.
- User friendly
- Support up to 1,000 participants
- Calendaring integration on google or outlook
- One on one messaging
- Built-in recording and transcription capabilities
- As Zoom grows bigger in society, companies were overwhelmed with the security problems that came with it.
Is Zoom Safe?
- You may have heard a term called Zoombombing. Zoombombing is when an uninvited caller joins a Zoom meeting and starts using racial slurs, profanities, showing offensive images. Since Zoom has not had this much traffic to their app, they have seen widespread security breaches that include:
- A user’s computer becomes a local server
- Routing data from social media when users are not logged on
- Confusion over what is end-to-end encryption
A lot of these problems have been fixed and are continuing to be more secure: Skype V. Zoom
- Just like how there are Apple and Microsoft people, there are Skype and Zoom. Skype is also free and easy to use. However, there have been reports that Microsoft has listened to calls. Zoom uses an E2EE, which is encryption to help keep your data out of scams. Skype has been known for its malware and phishing scams.
- If you have an iPhone using FaceTime is a great free alternative. It is encrypted for end-to-end conversations as well as fantastic video quality. If you get a suspicious invite from someone, you do not recognize using databases like using sites like GladiKnow (gladiknow.com), which is a person search platform to confirm the identity of someone is always in your best interest.
Content composed with the HTML code editor with live preview. Get a subscription to remove promotional messages or browse our directory for the best free online tools.
Don't forget to share this post