Restoring data and finding a missing phone is never a fun process. But unfortunately, dreadful activities like these are pretty common. For example, has your phone ever taken a dip in the water, causing you to lose all your contact data? Well, considering how clumsy we humans are, I am going to assume something similar to this scenario has happened to you once or twice in your life. Usually, when this happens, our data, such as pictures, contacts, and information imputed into our calendars, go missing. But did you know that there is a way to restore your contacts? This blog will help educate you on how you can restore your contacts if you own an Android or an iPhone, what you can do if iCloud or Google cannot restore your contacts, find a missing iPhone and how to go about that process safely.
Android: How To Retrieve Lost Contacts and Data
Realizing that you have lost all your contacts can be agonizing, but it does not have to be. Luckily, Android devices use Google software to restore their user's data. To find out if your contacts are still securely located on your phone, follow these simple steps.
- On your Android phone, there is an application called 'Contacts,' click on the 'Contacts' application first.
- When looking at your phone, navigate to the right-hand corner at the top, there you should see three small dots. These three dots are considered the menu.
- You will then see four options to click on: contacts to display, import/export, accounts, and settings.
- Click on the section that says contacts to display.
- From there, you should be able to find all of the contacts that you thought went missing.
If You Own An Android: How To Restore If You Have Backed Up Your Phone
- First, go to your settings app on your Android phone.
- You will then see 'Google.' Click on that.
- From there, you will see different services. Click on the one that says Restore Contacts.
- You may see multiple Google accounts pop up. Click on the account that has the contacts that you want to restore onto your Android device.
- Once you have deciphered which Google account you want to use, click on it.
- Now your contacts will be copied back into your phone with no duplicates.
If You Own An iPhone: How To Retrieve Lost Contacts and Data
iPhones use iCloud to backup and restore almost anything on your phone previously saved before losing all your data. To back up your personal iPhone, follow these steps.
- First, go to the website iCloud.com.
- Once you get into the website, go to the account settings.
- From there, you should see a section called the Advanced section with a button that says Restore Contacts.
If You Own An iPhone: What If iCloud Cannot restore your Contacts?
Unfortunately, under some circumstances - for example, if you did not back up your contacts and data - you may not be able to restore your important information. If so, don't worry. You can often find complete and up to date information on your most important contacts through an advanced people search engine like www.gladiknow.com. GladiKnow instantly and confidentially can help find your lost contacts. It's simple, highly effective, and inexpensive and has over a million public data records on any person in the United States. Here's how you use it:
- First, type in a name from your contact list (based on your memory). You can even type in their location (city and state) or their home address (both will work).
- The GladiKnow report will include all of your contacts phone numbers, their email address, and their home addresses. But the report provided by GladiKnow is much more comprehensive than that. It will consist of that person's current age, relatives, employment history, education history, social media profiles, criminal records, sex offender records, liens, judgments, bankruptcies, civil records, traffic and infraction records, licenses, permits, and much more. This process works perfectly in ANY circumstance where you want to learn more or the truth about someone, from online dating to roommates and classmates, to new friends or romantic interests - the list goes on! For more information on the new, advanced people search engines, check out this great video.
If You Own An iPhone: How To Retrieve Bookmarks and Reading Lists
The best way to restore your Safari bookmarks and reading lists is by going to iCloud.com. Once you get there, go to account settings. You will see a button that says 'Restore Bookmarks.' The next step would be to select the restore button and wait for everything to load. Take note, if you make any changes during this process, iCloud cannot save them. Also, keep in mind that all the restoration abilities that iCloud is capable of is because people take the initiative to backup their phones. You need to do your part by restoring your Apple products to ensure that iCloud will never lose your data.
How to Find a Missing Phone
Great news! If you have misplaced or lost your iPhone, they have tracking features. You can use their phone tracker applications to locate your device. If you own an iPhone, use the Find My application. You can open this application using an Apple computer, iPad, or someone else's iPhone. To use this application, first, locate it on the device that you are using. You can do this by sliding all of your applications to the right. Once you do that, you should see a search bar pop up. Type in words, 'Find My.' Then you should click on the devices tab. Choose the device (i.e., iPhone) you want to find and get directions to where the phone is. From there, you can follow where the directions lead and find your phone.
What To Do If Your Lost iPhone Is At An Address You Do Not Recognize
Now let's imagine you just went through the whole process of using 'Find My' to help you find your missing iPhone. You currently have directions to where your phone is. But unfortunately, it is located at an address that you do not recognize. Going to this unknown address could potentially be risky because you do not know who lives there. One significant first step would be researching who lives there. Well, luckily for you, the advanced people search engine known as GladiKnow can help you feel more secure when retrieving your iPhone. This website uses advanced people search technology to gather data on any person in the United States. The best first step would be to type in the address that the 'Find My' application gave you. GladiKnow will send you an instant report that will provide the homeowner's (or tenant's) contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses. The search also includes social media accounts, criminal records, employment history, bankruptcies, licenses, weapons permits, and much more. This confidential report will give you the full picture of the person that has your phone. Whether your iPhone is in the hands of a good samaritan or someone more devious, performing a background check before following the directions that the 'Find My' app sent you is a responsible idea.
Don't forget to share this post